Monday, November 17, 2008

Fishing for Value in Hong Kong's Murky Waters

Dear Fellow Shareholders,

I am informed by Rothwell-Gornt’s Head of Research that Hong Kong has officially slipped into recession. This is indeed beastly news for many of our finest, most ruthful, and opportunistic companies.

The downturn has already had an impact on some of our less prepared corporations: ATV Limited has sacked 47 staff; Lane Crawford, have fired 10% of their employees; and regrettably Cantopopped Criminology Labs will be officially closing their doors in less than two weeks.

Moreover, in a recent discussion with the Managing Director of Squid Fishing Tours HK Ltd., I discussed my plan to purchase a little known company in the New World named “General Motors”. He does not seem to be much of a fan.

Perhaps I will simply make a hostile move on Squid Fishing Tours HK Ltd. instead? I shall run this idea past the Board of Directors. Fellow CEO blogger Richard Edelman, at least, should be on my side.

Best of joss,

Quillan Gornt
CEO and Taipan
Rothwell-Gornt Holdings

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Richard Edelman!! I remember interviewing him once when I was considering working for his scrap metal business. I decided not to in the end.

Quillan Gornt said...

Dear Sir,

Rothwell-Gornt could do with a well balanced General Counsel, such as yourself. Do let me know if you are interested in an interview.

Mr. E's scrap metal business has done rather well over the years. His decision to keep it a private company now appears rather astute in these choppy waters.

Best of joss,